We no longer offer individual courses, but we do cater for groups -
Take a look at Spanish for Groups in Spain for more information
Spanish and Wine
Andalusia, in Southern Spain, is a fascinating destination for wine tours with its beautiful and historic Sherry wine cellars clustered around Jerez, Sanlucar de Barrameda and El Puerto de Santa Maria.
The first vineyards in Spain were planted in Andalucía around 1100BC by the Phoenicians outside the town of “Gadir” (Cadiz) in what is now known as the Sherry wine country.
Our one week Spanish & Wine Course is a fascinating combined course of Spanish lessons and Tastings.
The Course includes:
- Transfer Service: from Jerez de la Frontera Airport to their accommodation. Round trip.
- Classes from Monday to Friday.
- Length: 09.30 to 12.45
- The course consists of 3 hours Spanish language teaching each morning focussing upon the vocabulary and culture of our wines.
- The course material is included in the price.
- Accommodation: a special course offers special accommodation. Our students can decide between Spanish host families and Hotel.
- Activity Program: the course includes a daily activity that consists in.
Tours and Visits
- Tour guide: first day of class the group will have a tour guide around our nice town of El Puerto de Santa Maria that will finish in a typical nice bar with a welcome drink.
- Visit to “Bodegas Gutierrez Colosia”: Tour and Tasting.The first Bodega was built in 1838 and it has been preserved almost as such to this day. Since 1838, Bodegas Gutierrez Colosia is located in the mouth of the river Guadalete. The dry "Levante" and the humid "Poniente" winds regulate the surrounding moisture level thus maintaining optimum conditions for their wines to age.
- Visit to “Bodegas Gonzalez Byass”: Tour and Tasting The world's largest wine cellar was founded back in 1835 by a partnership between Spanish Manuel Maria González and his British agent Robert Blake Byass, González Byass is one of the classic bodegas of the sherry triangle (Jerez de la Frontera, Sanlucar and El Puerto de Santa Maria). The winery itself is still family owned.
- Visit to “Bodegas Terry: Tour and Tasting. The history of Bodegas Terry has its origin in Ireland, where the first Terry left to El Puerto de Santa Maria, settling with his family and founded the “Bodega” in 1865. Terry is also well-known not only for its wines and brandies, also for their marvellous horses; the andalusian horse is one of the oldest pure breeds of horse in the world.
- Trip to Jerez de la Frontera: a nice evening trip to Jerez where the group will enjoy the cultural explanation of our guide combined with nice surprises during its duration. Included : transport and any extra activity during the trip.
- Trip to Cadiz: the capitol of the province and the oldest town in the West of Europe and one of the most beautiful towns in Spain. The group will enjoy the cultural trip and a Flamenco Show in the most popular “Taberna Flamenca” in Cadiz.Included: Transport, Flamenco Show and dinner.
- Extra Activity: the school will inform the students about any extra activity that can be organised during their stay.
|Spanish & Wine + Hotel||Low Season|| 01/01/10-25/03/10 &
|Breakfast included||Mid Season||26/03/10-08/07/10 &
|Spanish & Wine + Family Accomm.||Low Season||01/01/10-26/06/10 &
|Half Board||High Season||27/06/10-28/08/10||615.00€|
Minimum Group Size: 6 people